Our Dog Friendly Policy
We are dog friendly and allow well behaved dogs in most of our cottages, as we recognise that for many a holiday is not a holiday without "mans' best friend".
Many of our guests say "it is so nice to be able to book high quality accommodation where we can bring our dog - so many places that allow dogs are not of the quality we wish to stay in, they tend to be in not such nice locations and a bit grim!".
In order for us to maintain high quality accommodation for all our guests, unfortunately we need some rules, which are detailed below and form part of your contract.
The details of each cottage describe the breed of dogs allowed and how many.
Where dogs are allowed we charge per dog per week.
Our Terms of Business should be reviewed before booking and require that you follow the rules below, which our regular guests say are just common sense:
1. Do not allow the dogs into the bedrooms and absolutely not onto the beds or sofa/chairs or upstairs in any of the cottages - you will be liable for any damage caused or additional cleaning required
2. Vacuum the dog hairs up on a daily basis and leave the property as though a dog has NOT been there - failure to do so may result in an additional cleaning charge, which has can cost several hundred pounds, when dogs have been on beds and furniture.
3. Do not leave your dogs alone in the cottages or in the garden.
4. Dogs are kept on a lead when in the communal areas of our cottages.
5. We only allow dogs that are over 12 months old, fully trained and those you can stop barking!
6. You must exercise your dog away from the cottages and that any "mess" that they make is cleaned up immediately. If following your stay, "mess" is found in the garden or the grass has been bleached due to a dog urinating in the garden, the Property Manager may withhold your deposit.
7. Do not bring more dogs than we have agreed to - you may be asked to leave without a refund as you will have broken your contract.
We may ask for a Refundable Occupancy Deposit if you are bringing a dog. Please see our Terms of Business for full details. In summary, you will be asked to give the Property Manager a cheque on arrival. As long as our Dog Friendly Policy and our Terms of Business has been complied with the cheque is returned or destroyed. It is very rare for the cheque not to be returned as most of our guests respect our policy.
I am sorry if our approach seems very firm and direct, but we have found that since we have provided real clarity our guests have been able to enjoy a holiday in beautiful accommodation with all the family and the owners of our cottage have had very few problems.
If you are not to sure how all this works, or would like to discuss, give me a call or send an email.